TERMS & CONDITIONS for anything other than Weddings.
1. It is understood that Charlene Reed Photography is the exclusive official photographer retained to perform the photographic services requested in the Contract.
2. Charlene Reed Photography may substitute another photographer to take the photographs in the event of Photographer's illness or of scheduling conflicts. In the event of such substitution, Charlene Reed Photography warrants that the photographer taking the photographs shall be a competent professional.
3. No part of any order, including previews, will be delivered until the balance is paid in full.
4. Charlene Reed Photography reserves the right to use images created under the contract for advertising, display, publication, or other purposes. The client signing the contract warrants that he/she has actual authority to agree to the use of the likeness of all persons included in the portrait in this manner and shall indemnify and defend Charlene Reed Photography in the event of litigation arising out of such use. Negatives, digital files, and previews remain the exclusive property of Charlene Reed Photography
5. Upon signature, Charlene Reed Photography shall reserve the time and date agreed upon. Unless the Studio is able to fully replace the cancelled reservation, all sitting fees and deposits are non-refundable, even if the portrait is rescheduled or cancelled for any reason other than inclement weather.
6. If, in the opinion of photographer, inclement weather or other adverse conditions prevent the creation of a portrait meeting the artistic standards of Charlene Reed Photography the photographer may elect to use an alternative location or reschedule the portrait.
7. If Charlene Reed Photography cannot perform the contract due to fire or other casualty, strike, act of God, or other cause beyond the control of the parties, or due to photographer's illness or emergency, then Charlene Reed Photography shall return any deposit or sitting fee to the client but shall have no further liability with respect to the Contract. This limitation on liability shall also apply in the event that photographic materials are damaged in processing, lost through camera or media malfunction, lost in the mail, or otherwise lost or damaged without fault on the part of the photographer. In the event that Charlene Reed Photography fails to perform for any other reason, the Studio/Photographer shall not be liable for any amount in excess of the retail value of the Client's order.
8. Client is aware that colour dyes in photography may fade or discolour over time due to the inherent qualities of the dyes, and Client releases the Photographer from any liability for any claims whatsoever based upon fading or discolouration due to such inherent qualities.
9. The charges in the Contract are based on Charlene Reed Photography's Standard Price List. This price list is adjusted periodically and future orders shall be charged at the prices in effect at the time when the order is placed.
10. NOTICE OF COPYRIGHT: It is ILLEGAL to copy or reproduce these photographs or videos elsewhere without Charlene Reed Photography's permission, and violators of this Law shall be subjected to its civil and criminal penalties. This includes editing of any images at home and adding filters such as via Instagram unless stated you have done so to the image.
11. The Contract incorporates the entire understanding of the parties. Any modification of this Contract will be notified and agreed upon by both Charlene reed Photography and the Client..